Breaking Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa

+4
SitD
Chulderella
Almighty Cho
Firefly
8 posters

Go down

[PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa Empty [PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa

Post  Firefly Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Finally my 3rd PP is released!:D

[PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa Tumblr_lo4ewkwRbx1qbnntvo1_500

I really love the outcome of all teams, great job from all the participants and mixers! And special thanks to Hani for the flash players xD Hope you all enjoy the songs as much as I do!! The songs can be found on the BR box account as usual^^

lyrics

Team Da Vinci

Thunder: Meike
Mir: Hani
Joon: Bigi
Seungho: Chantii
G.O.: Tammy
Mixer: Tammy

Team Raffael

Thunder: Chulderella
Mir: Steffy
Joon: Casa
Seungho: Honey
G.O.: Bbung
Mixer: Rella+Tammy

Team Van Gogh

Thunder: Yeonnie
Mir: New
Joon: Mich
Seungho: Stone
G.O.: AC
Mixer: AC

Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

http://firefly-31.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

[PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa Empty Re: [PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa

Post  Almighty Cho Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 pm

[PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa 417101
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

https://www.youtube.com/user/Paine19

Back to top Go down

Post  Chulderella Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:45 pm

running out to listen before i fall asleep o.o''
Chulderella
Chulderella
BR's 希DICTATOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Some quick things that stood out for me at the first listen.

1. Meike has kept herself standing very well as Thunder. Considering the parts she mostly sings, this is fucking amazing. Some serious Meike!swag in the intro. There's not a moment when I have too say "it's a bit too soft" cuz it's never like that. Meike threw herself in the lines.

2. Feeling-wise Hani was a great Mir, pronunciation-wise... aish something went a bit wrong. Maybe someone should've said something about it, given you a chance to improve?

3. Loved how Chantelle ended the song, that last line. Idk it's just sounds so 100% right to me

4. My voice hates pitchfalls >.< They work perfect on Hani and New and I come off sounding like a creepy pedo. not mixer's fault!! just something I always cringe about BUT WHO CARES CUZ MY OOHOOS WERE USED and they sound decent and I'm kinda very proud of that

5. Bbung first solo line OMG THAT'S SO COOL 8D How she does that swallow/cracking noise in her throat. OSM

6. Yeoniie did the motherfather baddest intro of all *^*

7. WOW this is def the best I've heard from Stine so far O_O EVAR. Seriously, it's the first time I think "Woh, now -that's- good". There couldn't be a more perfect Seungho.

8. Best Mir of the 3 teams is New, she had the most similar feeling to the original. From the first word she said I knew it "Yup, she fits Mir's style"

9. AC omg is a great G.O. I liked her singing and emotions the best. Awesomeness *^*
We had 3 strong G.O.s 3 strong voices, but AC had that something more.

Congrats en gefeliciflapstaart with the release Seobie :D You've got 3 good teams out of your project. Very good results indeed (^-^)b

Last edited by SitD on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

https://www.youtube.com/user/LMETstefa

Back to top Go down

Post  A-C--World Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Awwww ! Thank you so much ! It was really hard for me to the the G.O scream/high pitched/impossible note !

Thank you !! [PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa 617
A-C--World
A-C--World
BR's Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:53 pm

I dunno if I'm the only one, but I feel some people just write extremely harsh on hani sometimes..
I mean pronunciation fail in a korean rap can happen to all of us, but you don't have to call out "uh-oh" when hearing it srsly, we all try our best...

I just woke up, but since I beta-ed for Tammy for the 2nd team, i can imagine this was a great release ^^
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm

Cool, another release to write individual comments for at home ^^

Edit: also thanks Stef, you made me feel all fuzzy and warm so early in the morning *hugs*
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 pm

well fine, i could write comments about hani in the future that are not honest and anything :) or i just dont write ANY comment on her.

okay no, but seriously, stef wrote nothing wrong. pronounciation is hani's problem, and we just want her to improve.

comments to be added ^^
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Na don't get me wrong, you know i have nothing against honest comments, cause otherwise we can't improve, i only have something against this one word there ^^
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

haahahaha what is that first word in the lyrics? XD leggo? hahaha
i thought he's saying " LIKE everybody on the left" haha

anyways ...
for team 1 and 2, timing was both done by tammy right? >.< you improved ur mixing tammy, but sometimes the timing is still a bit odd hehe. but better than in the past!

team 1:
i can totally agree to what stef said about hani's pronounciation, but i think it worked quite good until the last line! there, a lot of stumbling happened!
tammy improved her G.O. since that skype convo, and i can hear she took my advices serious ^__^ too bad hani and bigi didnt have more parts x-x .. meike sounded really cool, and pronounciation sounded totally awesome for once O_O

team 2:
bbung was probably my most favorite G.O. ! im glad she didnt try to sound all male.. she has such a feminine singing technique, it gives me goosebumps!!! jansjd. her first 2 lines janskjdnks ! rella's rap parts were awesome, but the singing was kinda off pitch ^^ i loved casa's lines, and i wish she didnt take joon, cuz i would have liked to have her singing more lines in this song *-* kinda fitted her song! and the soft singing was really nice ! honey did a good job like always ^^

team 3:
probably first time i hear yeonnie rap ... wooow swag *-*; i love the lalalala! kekeke it sounds so cool! probably favorite Mir was new! tho im used to hear new as thunder, so i was soo confused xD ... wah i didnt recognize AC's voice at first O_o did you try to sound manlier ? @@ but ... like always, great hold of pitch, and harmonies were soo awesome!!! ^^ ... awww Mich sounded so cute haha XD pronounciation was better as in the miss A project, but u didnt have so many lines here! ... and stone sounded sooo different o_o"" i didnt hear such a good performance from Stone in a long time! amazing!

greaaaaat project all in all! theres no team i'd say was bad, neither was any team better as the other imo! *-* really nice
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Almighty Cho wrote:Na don't get me wrong, you know i have nothing against honest comments, cause otherwise we can't improve, i only have something against this one word there ^^

errr which word? i dont see any bad word ? XD
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 am

Before any one else gets into this, yes of course Ani. That's why I'm sometimes hurt by your comments, but I know you want my best so I don't begruge you your critic. And yes Miri, of course we should all pay a little attention to our wording so that we don't offend with them.

Please relax a bit.
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am

I'm relaxed ^^
And as said I know how to take the comments, since I'm used to the way which person talks how XD
Just meant it might feel a bit harsh like it was written,
maybe next time we should ask for a re-record, not only for hani, but for all people who had tiny probs here :)
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chulderella Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:17 am

Almighty Cho wrote:maybe next time we should ask for a re-record, not only for hani, but for all people who had tiny probs here :)
i think it really shall become more popular...
i mean asking someone to rerecord something... would actually be a good practice for them to improve.
but lmao, actually i don't get why it's started with hani... because i think she QUITE MUCH OFTEN GETS MANY NICE COMMENTS, it's not like everyone gets harsh at her o.o'

dah~.
relistening to the teams cause i enjoy the outcome <3 ^^

@Saga: yeah, i know it was off... the thing is i can hear whenever i'm off..... i just can't seem to do something about it. singing-wise i'm quite much a butt to put it in soft words lmao XD
Chulderella
Chulderella
BR's 希DICTATOR

Back to top Go down

Post  hanipazui Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:33 am

peoples should just ask me to re-record then
maybe I should learn to rap then or just give up with it X'DD
hanipazui
hanipazui
BR's pedo!noona!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:09 am

@Meike: I guess its normal to feel a bit hurt at someone's comment from time to time. It's always had to deal with honest critics >.< And the reason why I understand you saying it, is because I feel like this too! And often, I might think "what the hell is she talking bout, I did really good on just that part the she critiziced" .. ah... it's depressing xD but either we deal with it, or we forbid honest comments ^^

@Cho: Hehe I know you didnt mean your comment bad or something, and I think it's not only you who thinks that some comments seem a bit harsh ^^ It's probably a topic that needs to be talked about, cuz it's been hold back for so long!
Honestly, I don't see any harsh word or choice of words or meaning in anything Stef said about Hani's parts... I actually think it was said really nice :O like in a way, she was too shy to really say what she means.. I mean the "something went wrong" is still better than saying "it disappoints me" what I wrote not too long ago. And I also honestly think, just because of my dissappointment-comment, i was raising the bar for harshness up to a level, nobody would dare to write a comment on.
Err... WOW. i dont even understand myself what i just wrote! What I meant was, that nobody here probably would ever write a comment as harsh as mine on the miss A song xD

And if I seem like I am proud of that.. I'm not! I'm really feeling apologic for writing that, though that doesnt necessarily mean I regret it - cuz still, not too long ago I announced that I will write honest comments from that point on, cuz people also do complain if they always get the same "you did a good job" comment over and over again! hihi ^^

But anyways, tactics-wise, my comment on miss A was probably bullshit. Hani doesnt have any self esteem on doing covers anyways, even though 90% of our comments on her, like Rella kinda said, were comments of praise ! She got so much praise from us in those last 2 years, and still has no self-esteem. Like many others, which i will adress too later ;) .. anyways... I really don't know what to do with Hani. Tell her she does a good job, you get a "noo i sound like a hairy monkey with high fever and cough" or something like that. Comment on her with a "this time you didnt do as good" you get a "i know i f**d up, im so sorry to my team... "

So no matter what you guys do, I officially step back from commenting her covers, after I told her the same things over and over through the past 3 years that I know her. "Don't force out a vibrato so much" "work on you pronounciation" .. I'm not doing it anymore! ^^ and im really not saying this with a bad mood or with a tongue-in-cheek.. my mood is really good right now.. or I wouldnt use smileys XD

Cho mentioned to ask for re-recordings more often, and like Rella agreed and said, it should become more of a trend here! Sure, I totally agree to this too! But certain people even take re-record-requests as a hidden message "ur parts suck, go make it better (even tho im sure you cant)" and/or they feel embarassed they even got asked. Best examples here are Hani (again), Casa and just recently ....Rhea i think?

Sure, being asked to make a re-record sometimes might feel a bit weird. And soon we will have the official rule.. wait, or did we announce it already?... that re-record requests must, from now on, be asked in private. like a private message here in the forum, or on twitter or facebook.
But seriously, people need to stop assuming that their voice sucks, just because they get asked to re-record !

And then, if they don't get asked, afterwards they complain "why didnt you ask", and this is what just now robs my smileys and makes me a bit mad. The simple answer to "why didnt you ask", at least if it was ME who didnt ask, is, that that person would be super sad/mad/whatever if I DID! And if you know me, you know that I'm normally not shy to ask for re-records. So either, your part was sounding good to me, or I feel it's a better decision not to ask, so I dont hurt feelings.

Anyways. If people get rid of this habit of taking re-record-requests as a hidden message of.... of... doom! XD .. lol.. no, of.. agh, you know, hidden message like "ur voice sucks", we could finally start the trend of re-recording without having to worry about someone's feelings to much ^^
Or just do it like Stef, and tell people to effin ask you to do a re-record, or you get mad or something :P ... Like.. after Stef's post in the past, I dont dare NOT to ask her HAHA

Mhmmm
and as I said, there is something else I wanna adress!

I already kinda ranted about it on twitter months ago, and some of the people even knew I meant them and said "I should change.. i know.. xD", but nothing changed. Absolutely nothing!

I'm talking about people here, that have no self-esteem at all! :// Even tho they get so many good comments always D:

People like ... ouphh.. okay that list would be so long.. But you, and them, know who I mean.

All we hear from them is, that their voice sucks so much, and oh, uh, sorry for destroying my team, and ughh I can't listen to this cover cause I'm in it!! Ahh this cover would be so perfect if I wasnt in it!!!

Seems familiar? Well duh, to me it does! D:

I mean... I'm not asking for a 180° change, so those people start to say "hah, see, if I wasnt in this team, that team would suck so much" or "goood i love to hear my voice soo much"
XD hahaha..
but it would be so much easier for everyone here, to either shrug those comments off with your shoulders and think "whatever you say", or show a little fun about your self, just like rella did in the comment above! she's joking about herself, and I also do that sometimes! Or when Cho says something like I sound like a pig (or something?? XD) and laughs it off...
That's so much less complicated ^^;

But if people take it so personally, and see stuff as direct insults instead of honest critics that should just help to improve, then I dunno. Then we should start to make a list of people, who are not allowed to receive comments or something XD' (that would be so ridiculous)

but what's not forbidden is to step back from commenting on certain people, which I started with this post ^^

and it would really suck if one day I'm in a state where i stepped back from commenting on 50% of the people.

Okay, thats all I have to say. ;) and if you want to discuss this issue further, just tell me and I will open an extra topic for this :3 because I think its a good issue to talk about.

Lastly, I want to adress the following people:
Hani, Casa, New, YouJu (sometimes), Tammy, Cho (sometimes), Stef (sometimes), Sai (sometimes)...
when thinking of members with no self esteem, you guys come to my mind. those with a "sometimes" are not as bad :P it doesnt hapen so often for you guys to hate on your parts....
but for the others...
gahhh whats wrong with you guys ^^ you all have so beautiful voices, geez! the rappers among you hate on their own rap, the singers hate on their singing...casa even hates to listen to some covers cause she's in it!! D:
Snap out of it! You all are so precious members in this forum, not only community wise, but even voice-wise!

Thats all [PP 163] MBLAQ - Mona Lisa 380820

Edit: and when hani finishes reading this, she should think if she really wants to keep the post she just wrote ;)
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:28 am

Serious, i was kinda afraid because i saw a LONG paragraph and sometimes there was a Cho in it and i was kinda afraid to read it XDD
but! i read it and i'm glad i did :)

i don't wanna spam this topic though, so maybe a thread for it would be a positive thing ^^

I will comment on this later, I'll start commenting on older covers now, cause i need to catch up hehe :P
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 am

ok gimme a sec, imma open a topic in the update thread or so >w<;

Please hold the line! kekeke
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 am

you may continue to comment on the cover itself here though ;)
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down