Breaking Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PP 141] B1A4 - O.K.

+9
A-C--World
hanipazui
Sagacchi
Almighty Cho
busanthugs
Firefly
SitD
Kyllia
YouJuChan
13 posters

Go down

[PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. Empty [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K.

Post  YouJuChan Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:40 pm

[PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. B1a4cover

YAY It's dooone!! ^o^ Enjoy iiiiit :D
Thanks to the mixers for mixing and Stone and Hani for covering <3 And thanks for participating of course! :D

Lyric
Links removed due to ToS

Team Bloodtype A

CNU - Honey
Baro - SitD
Gongchan - Stinepooz
Jinyoung - joongieloveforever
Sandeul - YouJuChan
Mixer: YouJuChan

Team Bloodtype B

CNU - A-C--World
Baro - newismyname
Gongchan - Hanipazui
Jinyoung - Kyllia
Sandeul - Sai
Mixer: Sai

Team Bloodtype AB

CNU - Bbung
Baro - Yeoniie
Gongchan - xKeirafanx
Jinyoung - sayjuicifer
Sandeul - Firefly
Mixer: busanthugs
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

[PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. Empty Re: [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K.

Post  Kyllia Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:55 pm

WAAH *_* *Listens*

Edit: LOL MY CREEPY WHISPER

And I looove my team I'll do personal comments tomorrow after my final exam!
Kyllia
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Team Bloodtype B

Cool, Kyllia actually whispers the name in the beginning! Sounds sexy *-* Sai puts such energy in the chorus, love it. And the woahoo adlibs near the end are very strong. AC did a very good job on her lines as well, her voice suits the lines very much, tho it sometimes sounded a bit bored to me.
New’s intro and outro ‘okay’ sounded very much like the original, good! Cuz I just improvised something there, couldn’t make it fit like the original. The rap sounded a bit awkward sometimes, like the ‘I wanna get you be mine’, hihi x3 it has got a funny shift in voice. Also, it’s the first time I notice but you’ve got an accent XD; Hani’s voice is perfect for the ‘Love me love me’ chorus, tho I missed a bit of cuteness or ‘need to be loved’ while doing those lines. The harmonies supporting Sai sounded really in place.

Team Bloodtype AB

OMG YEONNIE you sound like such a creepy stalker saying that ‘okay’ XDD;; works tho ;). And you are sooooo badass during the rap 8D. I like Tammy here a lot, the ‘I love you’ sound great. I dled her parts for trying to mix this myself some time ago and noticed she had some trouble with the second ‘… namjaaaa’ Other than that I have no critique. ^^ Like Sai, she puts energy in the song. I don’t want to say I got disappointed, cuz that’s a too strong of word, but I expected a bit more from Bbung. Vocally I have no problem, it’s just that you sound a little weak from time to time, it’s a really energetic song and it’s that you sound somewhat sleepy. Juicifer is a good Jinyoung ^^ I like the naggy sound with which she ends her singing lines, just like in the original!

MiX: I get the feeling some parts are not so perfectly timed. I also feel that the parts from Meike weren’t used optimally. She sounds too soft in this song. I know that’s a characteristic of her voice, but she –did- submit good parts to create a chorus with more volume.
I don’t want to diss the mixer, because there are def things that turned out great, like the effects on the rap and the flanger type effect :).

My team will follow~ saving the best for last! OMG I DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! O_O;;;

edit:

Team Bloodtype A

Honey did great! And also Cyn 8D I think you guys really stood out. You both sang with feeling and happiness. Very pleasant to listen to. Sry for lack of comment, can’t think of anything else. ^^;
I know I said earlier that the nagginess of Juicifer fitted her parts very well, but in Gongchan’s case (Stine) I hear a kind of nagginess that I don’t like so much >.< Sounds kinda flat.

Bigi, I don’t know squat of singing techniques and I can’t apply any of them, so it might sound out of place for me to say it, but I think that your beautiful voice is sometimes a bit too shaky (like… vibrato?) during parts where it’s better to stay stable. Mostly in the chorus. A good point for Bigi is the ‘I love you-ou-ou’ in the chorus, very good ^^, and especially the one at the end of the song (when it transforms into some massive adlib). And btw, loved your first lines after the intro of the song.
Me: Baro’s parts were MADE for me, oh yeah baby I’m bold enough to say it. This kind of timbre and playfulness and arrogance fits me :) I think… ^^; /eventually not bold enough so ruuuuuuns

MIX: was very simple, almost no effects on Honey’s parts or Cyn’s parts (during lines with Baro). Not following the original, but sounds neat either way.

In the end I can't really chose one particular best team, because the strengths in each team were divided differently. Mixing was also done in three totally different ways so I can't compare and chose a favorite. All in all, I think it was a good release in general and some people really fitted their parts :)

Last edited by SitD on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

https://www.youtube.com/user/LMETstefa

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

Yaaay it's out!:D

*listens to her team* Ack I'm sorry to say, but the timing is quite off, it makes it difficult for me to really enjoy it T_T a lot of parts are too late, some too early.. I really don't mean to sound harsh, I really appreciate that you volunteered to mix this even though it isn't your team, but I'm just a bit dissappointed:/

Will do individual comments later^^

@Steffy: You're right, I kinda failed that one XD;
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

http://firefly-31.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  busanthugs Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 am

It seems like everyone is disappointed, but when I mixed this, everything was timed perfectly.
I'm a really good mixer. I know my stuff. I uploaded and didn't check because I thought it was fine.
Either something happened when I imported, or when I uploaded to box.
I still have everything done properly if you would like to hear it again.
But, I'm not gonna take criticism and "disappointment" for something that I actually did right.
If this seems defensive, it is.
Sorry. But it seems like I might just have to justify myself here.

busanthugs
busanthugs

http://busanthugs.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:47 am

well if the mix broke while you exported it, then maybe try to export it again :)
if you say you did it right, upload the right one and then the people would have nothing to criticize anymore i think :) cause if we would've heard your righttimed version then we would not criticize, but we can't judge what you said now, cause we heard the mistimed version :)
it was nothing of people being disappointed in >you< but in the fact that the timing is not correct and if you have that still right in your project data, then we can fix this "disappointment"-problem quickly ^^
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

https://www.youtube.com/user/Paine19

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 am

Hm maybe the instru shifted slightly then? If that's the case then like Cho said exporting it again may help? And yeah, I"m not dissappointed in you, just the timing, like I said I was really glad you wanted to mix this, . It happens to me too sometimes that something shifts, but then it should be fixable^^ Sorry if I sounded harsh btw, not my intention.
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:20 am

busanthugs: "But, I'm not gonna take criticism and "disappointment" for something that I actually did right."

Well, people should be able to take criticism for the things they do, otherwise no one can learn and progress ^^ Even we can sing or mix good or even great, there's always room for improvement.

Also, the mix might have sounded good to you, but after exporting and posting it on BR, it def didn't sound that good anymore (in comparison to however it was when you last mixed it). Something might have gone wrong, but if not for the criticism, you wouldn't have known that people have some problems with the timing.

I understand that you feel attacked, but no one here (including me) says bad things just like that. Don't take the justified comments about the timing as an attack, because it's not meant as one. We're all here to have fun singing and try to create something beautiful together.

So don't take all of this so hard ;) Maybe see what went wrong and post an updated version?
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 am

we all believe you if you say it sounded different before exporting :) it happens so often, that its different afterwards ^^
you really dont have to feel attacked or so ^^ you gotta understand, that the people judged what they got to hear

i guess fom this you learned to listen to the finished product after exporting ^-^ listen to it with different earphones, different programs, and maybe even on box.net ! :3 we all learn our lessons in this forum dont wew
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  hanipazui Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 am

yup...like me...I should have listen my latest mixings in daytime with speakers too even if I betaed them with 1-3 persons...
hanipazui
hanipazui
BR's pedo!noona!

Back to top Go down

Post  A-C--World Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 am

@SitD

Sorry if I my part sounds boring. It was my first time listening to that song. I didn't know the song at all. And I learned it in 5 minutes to do my parts sorry XD
A-C--World
A-C--World
BR's Frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:54 am

Don't tell me you didn't expect me to make individual comments xD

Team Bloodtype A
Honey: Really loved you in this team. Can't really say much about it, I just think you did all your parts well and obviously enjoyed recording ^^
Stef: Will you ever manage to disappoint me? Your rap voice fitted Baro perfectly, I loved your parts. I just enjoyed them!
Stone: I know that Gongchan is one deep case and you really hit the notes well, but your voice missed a bit volume, harmonies on the verse parts could have been useful. Regarding that you covered, I think you did a great job though!
Cyn: I feel like you were a good Jinyoung, the tone of your voice fitted him well. Little critic, the start could have been better.
Bigi: Your "I love you ou ou" parts were really fitting and the adlibs are good. No critique on the mixing.

Team Bloodtype B
AC: I feel like at the end of the longer notes you became a little flat one or two times, but aside from that, I completely enjoyed your parts.
New: The starting OK was truly fierce. I also really love attitude during the rap. though it's not as swag as Stef I love your rapping just as much, because you have put your own style and it's simply different from Baro, yet completely fitting.
Hani: You of course recorded harmonies to cute Gongchan. They really sound good and give the parts a lot more volume. I agree with Stef about the cute part though, but on the other hand, we know you are the hairy balls pedo noona so...yeah you get me xD
Ky: The beginning is so awesome, from all Jinyoung's it was the best. With the harmonies your parts have a lot volume (Hani was it, right?). similar to AC some longer notes sounded a bit flat while I hear you tried your best to hold them.
Sai: You sound so energetic, positively pumped up and it really benefits the song. Your adlibs were awesome. You made the namja~ (yeoja~) parts a little too quiet in your mixing though, it's a a pity.

Team Bloodtype AB
Bbung: Your lines were missing a lot power, which is pretty sad.
Yeoniie: That "okay" at the start was cool ^^ the rap parts are nicely done though I think you stumbled over one word there, not that it does any harm to the general attitude you had.
xKeirafanx: completely discontent with myself
Juice: Your parts sound slightly non-enthusiastic, I also feel like you were teh "deepest" Jinyoung out of the bunch and struggled with the pitch a bit.
Tammy: You shine out here. You really sound beautiful in your long notes, but sadly you were very quiet in the "I love you ou ou" parts, I guess it's due to the mixing though.
Mixer: busanthugs - Now, I know you heard a lot critique from the others already. What I like to point it is the volume, Firefly could have been louder in some parts (e.g. the "I love you ou ou" parts) also I feel similar to Stef that you could have used my harmonies better. I guess the timing issue can be seen as a exporting problem. Please don't feel attacked, we're mainly trying to give constructive critique.

In general this is a nice outcome!!!
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyllia Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:24 am

Thanks for all the comments :P

@Keira: I'll try to make sure I don't go flat when I hold notes but if it's only slightly I tend not to be able to hear when I go flat x.X

@busanthugs: Please don't take offense from our critique we don't critique to be mean we only want everyone to be aware of what they can improve so that everyone can get better :) And we all want to be better at what we do! And you did do a good job but of course there are little things here and there other people may not agree with and we share our opinions with you because we care. Especially mixing is very subjective because people hear things differently and therefore mix differently. Like in this PP all three teams were mixed totally differently and that's okay :) <3
Kyllia
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian

Back to top Go down

Post  hanipazui Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 am

mmmm...I didn't hear any cuteness in original either? XDDD
hanipazui
hanipazui
BR's pedo!noona!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyllia Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Team Bloodtype AB link was updated.
Kyllia
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Uhm I don't really hear much difference? O_o
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  busanthugs Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Alrighty then.
busanthugs
busanthugs

http://busanthugs.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stinepooz Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:24 am

Love the covers and yeah I know that I hear a little flat and boring, but the voice was really deep, and I was catching out of breath [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. 744842 But I did my best, and I think that the covers was epic anyway [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. 1185 Good Job girls [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. 395985

Oh and thanks for letting me cover [PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. 326525
Stinepooz
Stinepooz
BR's Stone

https://www.youtube.com/stinepooz

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 am

SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyllia Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

SitD I'm going to move it to unofficial okay? I think that's where it should believe since it wasn't an official team in the PP so I would still call it an unofficial collab even though you took parts from the PP.
Kyllia
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:29 am

Ow okay Kyllia ^-^
I wasn't entirely sure where to post it, cuz it's a bit of a special case :p

So people, my mix of Honey | SitD | Hanipazui & xKeirafanx | Joongieloveforever | Firefly can now be found under Unofficial Collabs
[PP 141] B1A4 - O.K. 443284
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bbung Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 am

err... yeah, I agree it's a little bit mistimed ><
seems like the inst is faster compared to the vocals :S
so maybe export the vocals only and try stitching it up together? ^^
Bbung
Bbung

Back to top Go down

Post  YouJuChan Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:41 am

I actually wanted to comment all threeteams right now but my phone refuses to play box files atm so I cant relisten DX
Imma comment in the other two teams asap :)

Bloodtype A

CNU - Honey --> Totally fit CNUs parts! I enjoyed listening to your parts <3
Baro - SitD --> I already told ya how much i loved your parts right?<3 The perfect Baro imo *^* Nothing to complain about!I knew you would nail his parts <3
Gongchan - Stinepooz --> Thanks for covering again!You were my hero *^* You had some difficulties with his low notes but you still managed to make it sound good imo! And you sounded like you had fun and thats what counts the most :3
Jinyoung - joongieloveforever --> Its unfortunate that he has such less parts ;; but I also rally enjoyed your parts!Really well done!^o^
Sandeul - YouJuChan --> The only part I liked was my first line XD every other parts..I kinda failed (especially the bridge ._.) But i still enjoyed covering it ^o^
And well mixing...I really have no comment on my mixing..lol
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeoniie Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Whoa, i've just realized it's out already ! XDD
and btw, the link for team AB isn't working, i can't hear it so i'm commenting the first 2 teams :D

TEAM BLOODTYPE A
Honey : you did a very good job! I love your voice <3
SitD : you got the swag!! I totally love your attitude, my fave part "I wanna get yours be minee~"
Gongchan : you have a very nice voice, good job :DDD
Jinyoung : love yours tooooo really you guys are awesome!
YouJuChan : I totally love you as Sandeul's voiceeeeeee~

TEAM BLOODTYPE B
A-C—World : you sounds so manly O_O hahahaha but i'm loving it~
newismyname : Now it is a cute version of Baro at the beginning! LOLL love itttt <33
Hanipazui : Love me love me nawwww <3
Kyllia : you have such a good voice, what can i say hahaha <3
Sai : i love your vibrations while singing~, and nice mixing!

I'll be back to comment my team when the link is updated :D
Yeoniie
Yeoniie

http://girlinalonelyland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  YouJuChan Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Team AB got deleted?:(

Anyone willing to mix AB again?Since Yeoniie,Bbung and Juice arent in Stefs mix :)
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

I don't mind mixing it when I'm done with my exam (2 July) ^^
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  YouJuChan Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:16 am

Thank you hun <3
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeoniie Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 am

yay! :D I'll be waiting for that ^^
Yeoniie
Yeoniie

http://girlinalonelyland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 am

Hi girls, could everyone in my team please send their parts to me on twitter/facebook/email (all info in the contact info thread)? XD; Then I can start mixing^^
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 pm

I deleted them on box.net, but I'll re-upload them and send them to you~
Thank you for being willing to mix them again.
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Great, thanks Meike! And np^^
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Okay so apparently I have all the files for AB on my computer O_O

I'll upload them to box and send you the link via twitter ^^
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Oh that's awesome, thanks a lot Steffy! *_* Meike already sent me her parts so you don't need to upload those^^
Firefly
Firefly
BR's Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down