Breaking Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011

3 posters

Go down

[Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 Empty [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011

Post  YouJuChan Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:32 am

[Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 Canyouhearme

Helloooo everyone! :D
I covered this song 3 years ago already and my iTunes played this old cover of mine randomly and I was like 'EWWWWWW, this is so deep and nasally and whatever' LOL and I wondered if I actually improved my 'singing technique' if you can call that a technique LOL
There are still parts where I failed 'technique' wise though ;______; Oh wells~ Gotta practice hard! XD;;;;

Listen? Comment? :D

Version 2008:

MP3-Link to Version 2011 --> DESCRIPTION LINK! ^^ (I am too lazy to make a youtube vid yet xDDD;; )
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

[Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 Empty Re: [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011

Post  xKeirafanx Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 am

I think in the 2008 cover you sound more like you cover Taeyeon's voice rather than covering the song. Since Taeyeon is indeed a good singer it's not a bad thing, but I think you get what I mean.

The 2011 version however is exactly reversed, you cover the song rather than Taeyeon's voice and that's in the end the better way, because I think your technique has improved. You sound way more sure and constant, especially in the verses, only where you had major troubles 3 years ago can still be heard in today.

Allover...I was surprised how much like Taeyeon you can sound. Her voice is a tad more powerful than yours, but that doesn't do the cover any harm. I really love it, because this time you made the song your own and that's how it should be.

And it's sad no one commented on this yet!!!!
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

[Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 Empty Re: [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011

Post  SitD Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:34 am

WTF IS DIS AWESOMENESS????? [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 91537
HOW CAN YOU SING SO GOOD FROM THE BEGINNING I'M SO JEALOUSSSSSS [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 64134

I started listening to your old version and I was waiting for your so-called fail, but the song kept playing and I was let down, WAE WAS IT ALREADY SO PRETTY?! Dx

I don't know the original song, nor am I familiar with Taeyeon's voice so I can only judge what I hear.

And then I listened to your new version... and it was DOUBLE AWESOME [Solo-Comparison] Taeyeon - Can you hear me 2008 vs. 2011 296176

It's weird to say "you improved so much" when you weren't bad to begin with, but anywayzz you improved so much! *-*
Your voice sounds lighter, and more under control and more grown-up (?)

Can't speak about technique, but your singing has grown a lot and I can def hear that your voice is so much more trained.

/forever envious
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

https://www.youtube.com/user/LMETstefa

Back to top Go down

Post  YouJuChan Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:56 am

xKeirafanx wrote:I think in the 2008 cover you sound more like you cover Taeyeon's voice rather than covering the song. Since Taeyeon is indeed a good singer it's not a bad thing, but I think you get what I mean.

Yeah I probably tried a little TOO hard to sound like her XD;;

xKeirafanx wrote:The 2011 version however is exactly reversed, you cover the song rather than Taeyeon's voice and that's in the end the better way, because I think your technique has improved. You sound way more sure and constant, especially in the verses, only where you had major troubles 3 years ago can still be heard in today.

Hmmh~ you mean the high notes huh? /hides XDDD; Yeah~ I dunno~ My range ends there I think LOL I just dunno how to fix it ;_____;

xKeirafanx wrote:Allover...I was surprised how much like Taeyeon you can sound.

I do? o__o Now that makes me kinda happy LOL

Thanks so much for commenting Meikeee /HUGGLES ;~~~~~~~; Made my day!! :)

SitD wrote:[...] It's weird to say "you improved so much" when you weren't bad to begin with, but anywayzz you improved so much! *-*
Your voice sounds lighter, and more under control and more grown-up (?)

Can't speak about technique, but your singing has grown a lot and I can def hear that your voice is so much more trained.

/forever envious

Huhuuuu I'm glad you liked both versions ;______; I totally forgot about this cover, I think it was my first cover of a 'girl' song XD; And I almost died back then *frustrated* DX
I just hope I can improve even more XDDD; *still not satisfied*
Anyways~~ Thanks soo much for your comment hun ;~~~~~; <3 You're so sweet *~*
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down