Breaking Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness)

+2
dbangshinee
SitD
6 posters

Go down

[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) Empty [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness)

Post  SitD Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:13 pm

SitD feat. dbangshinee - Black Happiness

I had lots of doubts before starting this project, and it's all because the lyrics. Tasha tells her personal story about growing up with people hating on her because of her ethnicity. She raps about the pain she felt and how she dealt with it. It's a very sad song, but at the same time it's a very inspirational song.
So instead of focussing literally on the text, I concentrated of the message she brings. About not giving up, about working yourself through life's hardest times. Never loosing faith and staying true to yourself.

The amazing person that took over the singing parts in this song is Chantelle (dbangshinee). I thought she had the perfect voice to fit the song, and oh boy was I right! She lifts this cover to a higher level simply by the way she sings and the emotion she brings. I am very happy and very grateful that she chose to work with me on this.

Please listen and try to enjoy this beautiful song <3
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

https://www.youtube.com/user/LMETstefa

Back to top Go down

[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) Empty Re: [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness)

Post  dbangshinee Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:49 pm

*sings hoya bb's song crying* "i crying, i crying, i cryying"

and i really cried after you showed me the vid with sub and when i heard her father saying the message WATER FALLS AS IN REALLY ... WATER FALLS rolling down my cheek! xD
thankfully, i didnt record after i saw the meaning of the song or it would sound awful (with lots of emotion in it LOL)
and once again, i'm really happy to be in this collab with you!
we sound *sings infinites song* AMAZING!! [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 571311
dbangshinee
dbangshinee

Back to top Go down

[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) Empty Re: [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness)

Post  YouJuChan Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Oh wow what an awesome cover *^* Chantelles singing is just perfect and totally moved me <3
And your rapping was just..UNBELIEVABLE! I can't even describe how awesome I think it turned out!<3 The emotions were just on spot and gave me goosebumps!

T.H.I.S. will be the first BR duet (im not in) which I'm surely gonna DL and put on my iPhone *______*
YouJuChan
YouJuChan
BR's Awesomesauce

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:08 am

@chantelle: I am just thrilled that you like the result so much :DD and thank you for your kind words! >o< We do sound pretty darn good, don't we. lol I keep wanna thank you for being in this with me, it's just... amazing, indeed *^*

@bigi: O___O omfg, we're gonna be on someone's iPod! (phone, whatever XD) That is fckin awesome! Wow thank you so much!! *3* I'm so happy that you like our cover :D Thanks so much for your comment [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820

A little more detailed comment:

I do love this cover to bits!
Because 1) the song itself is just a friggin masterpiece, the music, the awesomeness of Tasha, the lyrics.... especially the lyrics. I cried when learning the lyrics. I watched every live performance of this song I could find and every time it moved me so much. This recording of my rap sounds rather close to the original. But there were recordings where I recorded to the live performances. The emotions I got from Tasha were just so strong, I can't even believe how she got me like that.
2) As I said before, Chantelle is per.fect. here! I love her singing so much [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820 Every word she sings just falls into place. She understands the song and the way she delivers the lines... it's just... so.beautiful. The way she owns the lyrics by putting her own emotions into them, love it. Like how she sings "eumagi", omo *^* It's only one word, but a very important one in the lyrics, and she just expresses so much emotion by only those 3 syllables.
3) I'm happy with my rap, it will never ever come near the perfection of Tasha, but I feel I didn't... how do you say... ridicule? the song by trying to cover it. Little stumblings and imperfections in pronunciation are inevitable, but even with that I'm still liking the result very much.

also, download link is in the description. just putting that out there, in case... you know XD;;
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:55 pm

OMG it's out!!!
I'm SO glad I told you to publish this, cause OMG I had goosebumbs and djfbdjkgbn
you two are SO different in your voices, but it gives such a mature charme,
stef your rapping is f***ing amazing! and chantii's voice is so smoothing!!
omg totally in love with this!! *__*

haha i showed my mum and she thought it was an original and was like "they're really good :3 will you cover their song?" XDDDDDDDDDD
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

https://www.youtube.com/user/Paine19

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:02 pm

OMG CHO YES! *-* IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOUR ADVICE!! [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820 [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820

I'm so happy you like it! Thank you for your comment x3
Omo I'm surprised you let your mom listen to it o.o but ahaha XD Your mom is osm! 8D
lol she gave us a huge compliment unknowingly. Hug her for me or sumfing will ya? ;3
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:36 pm

haha my mum idk i turned her into a (especially k-pop) listener XDD
i will hug her, if... ishowered, she won't hug me like this XDDDDDDD
when you want you could code the TOP song or whatever, so we don't forget it? :)
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:10 pm

The day I downloaded the cover I had it on repeat all late afternoon till I went to sleep.

Stef, I know you were worried if it is correct/right of you to cover this song, because you haven't felt/lived it, therefore might not be able to put the emotions across. I'm glad you did it though, dared to cover this song. Despite not having gone through what Tasha went through, I think we all have dark times that help us understand the general emotion of feeling down, being ready to give up, hating yourself for what happens or hating the others and then – finding something that helps us to make our way despite all that. And this, the dark times and the standing up after the fall, you've really put it into your rap. I'm 100% sure everyone can feel that, if I do then the rest should too. We all know I'm highly biased when it comes to your rapping, but since this is Tasha we are talking about, I'm being a little less playing favorites. This is a cover of Black Happiness, but I'd say, it's a more general interpretation, not a specific one. Your personal suffering can be felt in your lines, it feels a little different from Tasha due to that, naturally. Your flow and swag is on its usual place and your attitude is, like I pointed out, based on personal feelings, yet fitting.

Chantelle, you have a perfectly fitting tone for the singing, there's the soul in your voice that's needed. Great translation of the emotions of the song too, I really started to feel positive about doing well here in Dresden. Generally I really love the harmonies, especially in the chorus. The end with changing singing lines was really good to give the song a nice ending, beautifully sung by Stef too and you blended well together. I have goosebumps all on my body at the “sometimes it's hard to see all the good things in your life”, because I can relate, though in a different way that Tasha does. Good choice to keep all the talking from Tasha and her father in this. His words have a wonderful generality, I'm sure there is no #BRIAN who can deny his wisdom hits home.

When I first heard this in school I really wanted to cry, because I remembered how I was bullied in grade 8 and how I managed to get through it. Remembered all the negativity I felt towards my classmates&some teachers but also towards myself and I remembered how, after I left the class, I realized many things that made me what I am today. I matured through that and your cover reminds me of endless talks with my mother, of encouraging words and understanding from people who love me. This cover is really a wonderful piece and due to its generality I'm not surprised everyone loves it so much. Everyone can relate somehow. Great job. I envy-less admit this is even prettier than Stef and my Memories cover.
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 pm

GOD DANGIT! I pressed Replay and the music stopped D: < FAIL

but anyways.

i think i found the right choice of words to describe this.

This doesn't sound like a cover!

wait..what? that's it?
yes! i think this is about the biggest compliment a cover-er (XD) can get!

okay no but now seriously
it sounds like a professionally recorded thang, man!

ya know, this was the first song I ever heard of t-asha, and the meaning of it always got me.. always hit me on da heard ya know. she's so wonderful, yet people manage to hate on her, its a hard knock life man.

anyways, Stef, your rap... i think you improved... and...
wait, why does my keyboard make sounds when i press "L" or "k" or a dot >_>;
anyways.. ... gah... ... STOP EET! LLLLLKKKK;:::KL:;L::K..kl.llk.klk.kl.k.l............ROOOAAAARRR!

huh...huh... its not over but.. i will ignore..it...somehow..agh...

your rap has had so many feeling
i think, even tho people dont understand da lyrics, they can feel the message, and I think thats so important for every rapper. im not sure if i am even able to do that myself. I take my hat off to you and salute you, you amazing rapper you!

as for chantelle, I couldnt think of a better person to sing those parts. stef really chose her partner-person well (like i did with out turn around cover :P)
i dont even know what to comment on this amazingness! D:

as for the father, i think he was a little off pitch...

JUST KIDDING [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:54 pm

and HAHAHAHHA i never understood what they talk about in the end XD THATS SO CUTE HOW HE TRIES TO SPEAK KOREAN LOLOLOL
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Almighty Cho Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 am

as for the father, i think he was a little off pitch...

[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) K3qbo4
Almighty Cho
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal

Back to top Go down

Post  SitD Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 am

xKeirafanx wrote:The day I downloaded the cover I had it on repeat all late afternoon till I went to sleep.
;~~~; oh my, you did? that's like totally awesome. [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820

xKeirafanx wrote:We all know I'm highly biased when it comes to your rapping, but since this is Tasha we are talking about, I'm being a little less playing favorites.
Yeah, that's kinda true, but you know that of yourself, you can deal with the biased-ness and still give honest comments. I love that about you.

xKeirafanx wrote:This is a cover of Black Happiness, but I'd say, it's a more general interpretation, not a specific one. Your personal suffering can be felt in your lines, it feels a little different from Tasha due to that, naturally.
..... I'm kinda speechless how you can tell so well that it's my personal feelings coming through the lines, and not just an interpretation of Tasha's story. I tried to make the song my own by drilling into own past experiences, but I wasn't sure if it showed.

xKeirafanx wrote:The end with changing singing lines was really good to give the song a nice ending, beautifully sung by Stef too and you blended well together. I have goosebumps all on my body at the “sometimes it's hard to see all the good things in your life”, because I can relate, though in a different way that Tasha does.
I think we all can relate. That line to me is a tearjerker, if I wasn't already messed up from the song it just instantly projects all the bad and dark things that happened to you right to the front of your mind. But the message after it is so encouraging and makes you think of how you coped with things, how you fought through it. It's strange how so little words can do so much to a person ne.
I'm kinda glad you think we blend well. I coded that part of the lyrics for me before I even heard Chantelle sing her lines which is logical, what the fudge am I saying?, so when I got her recordings I was like "dang, I should've just let her do those lines as well, the transition to me will be so awkward >.<" I did my best to match Chantelle's level ^^

xKeirafanx wrote:When I first heard this in school I really wanted to cry, because I remembered how I was bullied in grade 8 and how I managed to get through it.
I matured through that and your cover reminds me of endless talks with my mother, of encouraging words and understanding from people who love me.
It's sad you had to go through that, it's not just sad, it's horrible. But I'm proud of you that you got through it. I really am, and I'm happy you can talk about it and assess yourself to see how you matured so much.

xKeirafanx wrote:This cover is really a wonderful piece and due to its generality I'm not surprised everyone loves it so much. Everyone can relate somehow. Great job. I envy-less admit this is even prettier than Stef and my Memories cover.
Thank you Meike, thank you for your comment [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820
I must disagree tho, it is not prettier than our cover. It is different, how could it not be. But Memories has it's own beauty and in no way is less anything than Black Happiness. Or maybe it is (because of me), because I feel my rapping has improved a lot since that cover.
I've been thinking for quite some time now. Like for a very long time. How about we do a new version of Memories? I really feel like I could do better and give the song a more solid rap. Plus maybe we can shift the lyrics around a bit?
It might sound a little redundant to cover the same song again, but it's a very special cover to me and there's possibility of improvement that's been itching at my brain for so long. I dunno, think about it?

Sagacchi wrote:This doesn't sound like a cover!
wait..what? that's it?
yes! i think this is about the biggest compliment a cover-er (XD) can get!
okay no but now seriously
it sounds like a professionally recorded thang, man!
Yes Saga it is indeed the biggest compliment I can imagine ;~; Omo I'm so happy, thank you~ [Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820

Sagacchi wrote:anyways, Stef, your rap... i think you improved... and...
your rap has had so many feeling
i think, even tho people dont understand da lyrics, they can feel the message, and I think thats so important for every rapper. im not sure if i am even able to do that myself. I take my hat off to you and salute you, you amazing rapper you!
Wow Saga what's with all this heavy praise you drop on me? Thank you soooo much. Coming from you, that comment is really huge for me. It's great to hear I'm actually still making some progress ^o^.
As I said above, I tried to put some of myself into the lyrics and I'm glad it came across.

Sagacchi wrote:as for chantelle, I couldnt think of a better person to sing those parts. stef really chose her partner-person well (like i did with out turn around cover :P)
I did didn't I? /runs with all the credit XD/ No seriously, I'm just really grateful she would do this me and I will forever love the perfection Chantelle brought to the song. She was amazing.

Sagacchi wrote:as for the father, i think he was a little off pitch...
JUST KIDDING
[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 380820
[Duet] Tasha/Yoon Mirae - 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) 966276
SitD
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  xKeirafanx Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:29 pm

@Stef: I wouldn't mind re-covering Memories. The song is beautiful and though I doubt I vocally will become superbly better than before, I'd enjoy covering the song again anytime. Lyrics shifting...sounds like a nice thing, you surely have concret ideas already, right? I'll let myself get surprised by you~
xKeirafanx
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sagacchi Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 pm

keke i guess, as a rapper, its always nice to get praise from BR's resident rapper :P tho im a bit shy to call myself that now, cuz you really gimme competition girl ;)
Sagacchi
Sagacchi
BR's Meanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down